Your air conditioner is one of your home's most important appliances. Not only is it responsible for keeping your home comfortable, but it also has a huge impact on your monthly electric bills. So you wouldn't want to leave your air conditioner in the hands of just any contractor, would you? Today we're going to talk about why it's so important to choose a trusted air conditioning contractor like Jerry Kelly and some of the warning signs to look out for in a low-quality contractor!
Why is it so important to find a trusted air conditioning contractor?
- The job will be done right... the first time. Whether it's a tune-up, repair or brand new installation, you can trust that a high-quality contractor like Jerry Kelly will get the job done right on the first visit.
- Your air conditioner will last longer. When your air conditioner is properly installed and taken care of by highly-skilled technicians throughout its lifetime, it will last as long as possible and you'll get the most out of your investment in your system.
- Your energy bills will be lower. The work done by a trusted air conditioning contractor will do more than just get your air conditioner running; it will also ensure that your system is operating as efficiently as possible in order to minimize your energy bills.
- You'll experience significantly less breakdowns. Low-quality contractors often rush through jobs and don't have the proper skills or experience to install and repair your air conditioner the right way. This leads to frequent (and expensive) system breakdowns. When you work with a trusted contractor, you'll experience significantly less breakdowns, which will save you time and money and keep your home cool.
- Your home will be more comfortable. Improper sizing, poor installations and inadequate repairs are just a few of the problems that are common with low-quality contractors that will prevent your home from staying comfortable. When you're working with a high-quality contractor like Jerry Kelly, you'll get the most out of your air conditioner and your home will be much more comfortable.
Warning signs of a low-quality air conditioning contractor
So we know why it's important to work with a trusted contractor, but how do you know that you've found one? With a high-quality contractor, you'll never run into any of these red flags:
- Suspiciously low quotes and estimates. Extremely low prices almost always come with extremely low-quality service, and you'll end up paying more in the long run due to hidden fees, unskilled technicians, system breakdowns and higher energy bills.
- Poor (or no) customer reviews. Can't find any good reviews for a contractor? That's likely because nobody has anything good to say about them! A reputable contractor will always have customers who will vouch for their service, and it will be easy to find great reviews.
- Uncertified technicians. Before you commit to any work with a contractor, ask what kind of certifications their technicians have. At Jerry Kelly, all of our technicians are NATE certified, which means they are continuously trained according to the latest industry standards.
- Quotes without home assessments. If a contractor offers you a quote without first coming to your home for an assessment, you should see that as a red flag. A high-quality air conditioning contractor will provide you with an up-front quote (with no hidden fees) after someone has been to your home to make the proper assessments and calculations.
If you have any questions about how to find a good air conditioning contractor, or if you'd like a cooling system serviced or installed in your home, contact Jerry Kelly, your St. Charles heating and air conditioning contractor. We service the St. Louis area, including towns like Wentzville, Winghaven and Ballwin.