Check Out Our Bonus Tips, Too!
OK, homeowners: Listen up! June doesn’t just signal the official start of summer. It also helps draw our attention to safety. Every year since 1996, the National Safety Council has attempted to increase safety awareness during June’s National Safety Month. Its goal is to decrease the number of preventable injuries and deaths that occur in the United States—so homeowners can enjoy their summers without incident. With that in mind, we’d like to remind our customers of some very important safety tips that relate to their air conditioner.
To get the most out of your air conditioning this summer and stay safe along the way, follow these eight cool tips:
- Schedule an AC tune-up—always with a professional such as Jerry Kelly— before the summer season begins. Tune-ups early in the season help prevent breakdowns and AC repair in West County, MO, later on down the road.
- When your air conditioning is being serviced, be sure to disconnect power sources.
- Here’s an easy one: Change your air filters regularly. If you ever need assistance or a recommendation on the proper filter for your system, feel free to consult Jerry Kelly or visit our online Filter Store!
- As a homeowner, you are bound to have questions about your AC unit. When you do, it’s important to rely on your manufacturer’s manual and follow all safety procedures that are outlined.
- It’s important to pay attention! Be in tune with your AC and take notice of any changes or strange noises it might be making. Noticing funny sounds or smells early on will help ward off problems.
- Always keep at least a 3-foot clearance around your indoor air handler.
- Keep all supply and return vents free from blockages. Move furniture if it’s impeding airflow.
- Kids are curious. Be sure to keep children away from playing near outdoor units, reducing the temptation to stick toys inside them.
Bonus Safety Tips for Homeowners!
While the safety of your cooling system is certainly critical, there are many additional household systems that require your attention, too. Here are some bonus tips to ensure your home remains a safe haven.
Bonus Safety Tips
- Be sure your carbon monoxide detector is working properly. Change batteries twice per year.
- Check that your fire alarms are in working condition. Change the batteries if needed.
Bonus Tips for Window AC Units
- Make sure the window and window frame are in good condition so they can securely hold the unit.
- Do not place window units near water.
- Do not use an extension cord for a window unit. Be sure it has its own dedicated outlet.
Jerry Kelly Keeps You Safe & Cool
Remember: Any time you have safety questions regarding your heating or cooling systems or are in need of air conditioning repair in St. Charles County, MO and the surrounding areas, your friendly techs at Jerry Kelly can always help! Feel free to call us today for your pre-summer tune-up!St. Louis Summer Festivals Are Hot This Summer! » « Prepare Your AC to Take the Checkered Flag This Racing Season!