Skip to content
Available 24/7!  Call or Text Us! 

Carbon Monoxide and Your Home

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a risk in any home that uses any fuel burning appliances. While a CO detector is an important component in keeping your family safe from carbon monoxide poisoning, it is also important to have these appliances regularly inspected. Some people think that newer appliances don’t need inspections, but that is dangerous thinking. There are many unexpected things that could cause CO to build up in your home and create a dangerous situation for you and your family. For example, an animal or bird could build a nest in your flue pipe during the off-season. Or a vent pipe could get knocked loose, which would cause gases to vent into your home instead of outdoors. In addition, heat exchangers can crack, even in newer furnaces. Don’t leave this to chance. Have your furnace inspected by a professional just before each heating season begins.

100% of Jerry Kelly Heating and Air Conditioning technicians are CO Certified by the National Comfort Institute. You can be sure that our technicians will perform a thorough and professional inspection on your furnace. In addition, Jerry Kelly recommends that any home with fuel-burning appliances install a high-quality low-level CO detector on every floor. The combination of regular inspections and a low-level CO detector will give the best protection possible to your family.