Fall is a season of changes. We say goodbye to summer, the leaves begin to change colors and the temperatures begin to cool down. Fall is also a good time of year to make some needed changes to your heating system before winter hits. If you know that you’re going to need a gas furnace replacement this year, for instance, now is a great time to do it!
5 reasons why now is a great time of year for a gas furnace replacement
- Easy scheduling. The weeks in between the cooling and heating seasons are typically the easiest times of year to schedule appointments for new installations. If you wait until winter is already here to replace your gas furnace, you might have wait a bit longer for your installation.
- Install in time for federal tax credits. December 31st is only three months away, and that’s when federal tax credits will expire for installing new, energy-efficient furnaces. By replacing your gas furnace now, you can be eligible for a $150 credit!
- No days without heat. If you already know that your gas furnace is on the fritz, you might as well replace it now while it’s still relatively warm out. You wouldn’t want to risk a breakdown in the middle of winter and have to wait for a new system to be installed before your home is warm again!
- Start saving energy before winter hits. By replacing your aging gas furnace with a new and more efficient model, you can significantly cut down your energy bills. By installing a new furnace now, you can begin your savings as soon as winter hits and maximize the amount of money you can recoup from your investment in a new system.
- Avoid safety concerns this winter. The older your furnace is, the more likely it is to develop problems that can threaten the safety of your home. That’s why it’s best to replace your gas furnace before it’s in constant use so that you can avoid carbon monoxide leaks or other potential safety issues.
If you have any questions about a gas furnace replacement, or if you’d like an HVAC system serviced or installed in your home, contact Jerry Kelly, your St. Louis area heating and air conditioning contractor. We service the St. Louis area, including towns like Clayton, Cottleville and Creve Coeur.Maintenance Agreement Benefits: 3 Great Reasons for Joining One of Our Maintenance Clubs » « Carbon Monoxide Detector Maintenance will Ensure your Units are Keeping your Home Safe