5 Tips for a Winning Air Conditioner Performance This Spring
For many racing fans, May is an exciting month, culminating with the wildly anticipated Indianapolis 500 on May 26. And it got us thinking: What does it take to make those Indy Cars run smoothly each racing season? Plenty! In fact, we’re pretty sure it takes lots of maintenance, elbow grease and a few filter changes—much like the preparation involved in spring air conditioning maintenance.
So let’s shift gears and talk about your summer AC tune-up. Is your home prepared? After all, summer is just around the corner! And if you want to avoid AC repair in St. Charles County, MO, later on in the hot and sweaty season, now is the time to get things revved up and ready to go!
Here are five ways you can improve the performance of your AC system this season:
- Clean or change your air filters. This is probably the easiest thing for every homeowner to do! Change your air filters regularly or clean them if you have washable filters. The cleaner your filters, the less work your system has to do to keep your home cool.
- Check your lines. Inspect your refrigerant lines—these pipes are typically wrapped in insulation and look like a pool noodle. If you notice any cracks or disconnections, you can prevent problems by calling Jerry Kelly for a quick fix. If everything looks fine, you’re good for another season.
- Inspect that outside unit. The effects of a long winter can take a toll on your outdoor unit. Check for nests, twigs, grass, weeds or other debris that could be trapped around the outside unit. Cleaning away debris that has accumulated over the winter months will help your system run more efficiently.
- Clean those vents and ducts. Take a vacuum to those return vents and remove any dust bunnies that have taken over. You might consider professional duct cleaning, too. Clean ducts allow an AC system to run at top efficiency and cut back on air pollutants that make there way into your home.
- Get a tune-up. By far the most effective way to cut back on summer repairs is to get a spring tune-up now from your friends at Jerry Kelly! Our experienced technicians will thoroughly clean your condenser coils, lubricate moving parts, evaluate refrigerant levels, calibrate your thermostat, tighten electrical connections, inspect ductwork and more!
We’ll Never Steer You Wrong!
As the weather heats up and your need for air conditioning increases, you can always count on your pit crew at Jerry Kelly to help you keep a cool head. Remember, we’ve been helping homeowners with all their indoor comfort solutions since 1977. So, when you need winning cooling service—from air conditioning installation in West County, MO, to AC replacement or AC repair in St. Charles County, we’re here to take you to the finish line!8 Safety Tips for Your Air Conditioner! » « Spring HVAC Tips for Pet Owners!