Beat the March Madness With Our 6 Cool Tips!
Game on, homeowners! March is here, which means it’s time for shamrocks, flower buds and—what else?—NCAA college basketball tournaments! Wherever your team loyalties lie, Jerry Kelly Heating & Air Conditioning knows one thing for sure: If your team is competing in the Final Four, it’s because they’ve had plenty of preparation. You might want to take a page out of your team’s playbook because you, too, should prepare for spring. How so? With cooling maintenance, of course!
Three Cheers for Spring Maintenance
So let’s get started. You want to remain super chill all summer long, right? If so, now is no time to ignore your air conditioning system. Instead, you should be pampering it before the sticky heat waves arrive. And the best way to do this is by practicing spring maintenance today—with the help of Jerry Kelly, of course.
Here are six practice tips to help your air conditioning perform like a winner when game time arrives:
- Replace, replace, replace. To prepare for the crisp, new air your air conditioner will be pumping this season, replace those dirty, old air filters with fresh, new ones.
- Out with the old, in with the new. Is your system over 12 years old? If so, and you’ve needed more repairs than normal in the past few years, it’s time to upgrade to a brand new air conditioning system. Call us!
- Inspect programmable thermostats. When you transition from one season into the next, it’s important to inspect your thermostat before switching that heat to the cool setting. You want to be sure it’s functioning properly early in the spring, so you can avoid issues months later.
- Check the outside unit. Clear any debris or cut back any bushes or shrubs that may be growing near your outdoor AC unit.
- Replace thermostat batteries. If your thermostat uses batteries, replace them each season—just as you would smoke detector batteries.
- Sign up for annual seasonal tune-ups!
While now is a great time to give us a call for a quick tune-up, did you know you can join our maintenance club at any time of the year? It’s true! And even better, we will remind YOU by email or postcard that it’s time to schedule you regular appointment.
Organize Your Game Plan Today
Careful maintenance scheduling and tune-up appointments can result in slam dunk performances by your cooling unit once the weather heats up. So, don’t foul out when it comes to these important checkups. Jerry Kelly can coach you through air conditioning (or heating) maintenance every season. When you need maintenance, repair, replacement or installation, we are always your winning team!Spring HVAC Tips for Pet Owners! » « Home Air Freshener DIYs